Standard high security van door locks are used to provide your vehicle with extra protection from theft. Suitable for any door on your van, including rear opening swing doors, side sliding doors and front driver and passenger doors. Made of tough alloy metal and surrounded by a steel sleeve that cannot easily be tampered with or pried open.
This is the most popular lock used to secure tools and equipment in trades vans used by plumbers, electricians, and other trades people. It is easily installed on Ford, GM, Dodge Chrysler, and Mercedes Sprinter vans using six carriage bolts through the door and body of the van.
(6) 3/8″ Carriage Bolts & Related Hardware Required.
- Select location for hasp and align template on surface
- Mark all six holes
- Drill holes for right hasp first (most applications ) to allow for proper opening and closing
- Attach right half first using 3/8″ stainless steel carriage bolts, washers and nuts – lightly tighten each bolt with even torque
- Align left half over remaining 3 marked holes & lock padlock over hasps
- If marked holes for left hasp are aligned properly, unlock and remove lock and left hasp and drill holes
- Attach left hasp using 3/8″ stainless steel carriage bolts, washers and nuts – lightly tighten each bolt with even torque
- Install the Padlock
- Once the padlock & hasp are opening and closing properly, tighten each side with even torque ( do not over tighten, crimping of material may occur)