Window Kits are placed inside of doors to provide increased visibility and light, keeping rooms from being stuffy or too dark. A door window can be installed on virtually any commercial steel or wooden door. It is designed to provide protection, visibility and easy access to equipment and components installed behind the viewing area. This narrow vertical view window comes equipped with a metal frame for each side of the door, mesh security fire glass, and glazing tape.
Dimensions: Frame Open Area — 7″ x 22″ | Glass — 6″ x 21″
Material: 6mm GPW (Georgian Polished Wire) Glass
- Read and follow the installation requirements of the door manufacturers.
- Cut the hole in the door to correspond to the order size of the vision frame.
- Prepare the cut out if required per the door manufacturers installation instructions.
- Insert the corridor side frame in the cut out.
- Install caulking, tape or compound if application requires around glass using listed and approved material.
- Laying glass on corridor side of frame and install room side frame by inserting SMS into countersunk holes and screwing into pre-punched holes in the corridor side of frame.
- After all screws are attached, align the frame to the bottom of the cut out and tighten the screws.